Sunday 15 January 2012

Bounty from the garden !


There is a tree in the backyard of my house that bears lovely red berries. I dont know what these fruits are called in English. Cos' there are some things even Google can’t tell you. Unless you know the right keywords to search with, of course. Yeah, so in Malayalam, they are called 'Love-lolikka's'. Since Google failed me, I conjured the audacity to christen them 'Love-berries'.

Our tree bears bunches and bunches of these lovely berries. My Amma is a farmer who does adventure farming, the kind that involves adventures like climbing up ladders to pluck lovelolikka, muringakka, sheema-chakka, pomegranates etc. Yes, we cultivate all these exotic fruits in our garden. And I don’t care if muringakka doesn't sound exotic to anyone. So here are some fabulous pictures I clicked of a handful of the lovely berries we picked this morning.








After the photo-session, the lovely Lolikka's were transformed from good-looking models to yummy pickle. No mercy !



No comments:

Post a Comment